– Stocks in Asia traded mostly lower but there was not any major news that would justify the move. Australian S&P/ASX 200 is one the few indices from the region to gain
– European futures markets point to a higher opening of today’s cash session
– ECB Chief Economist Lane said that he is happy low interest rates are boosting core inflation
– Australia reached a security deal with the United States and the United Kingdom and will get nuclear-powered submarines. China urged three countries to reject cold war mentality. New Zealand announced that new Australian submarines will be banned from entering its territorial waters
– Australian jobs report for August showed an employment drop of 146.3k (exp. -80k). However, unemployment rate dropped from 4.6 to 4.5% (exp. 4.9%)
– New Zealand Q2 GDP growth reached 2.8% QoQ (exp. 1.5% QoQ)
– Japanese exports were 26.2% YoY higher in August (exp. 34% YoY) while imports were 44.7% YoY higher (exp. 40% YoY)
– AMC Theaters, chain of US movie theaters owned by AMC Entertainment, will start accepting payments in Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litecoin
– Precious metals trade lower amid US dollar strengthening. Oil gains slightly while industrial metals drop
– AUD and GBP are the worst performing major currencies while USD and JPY gain the most
AUDUSD is making a break below the 0.7340 support zone following a release of a jobs report. Drop in employment is a key as better-than-expected unemployment rate reading was a result of drop in participation rate. Key support to watch for the pair is recent low at around 0.7110.
For more informations and news join our official social networks! Please click on the icons below to subscribe.