– US indices managed to erase early drop and finish yesterday’s trading with gains. S&P 500 added 0.95%, Nasdaq moved 0.94% higher and Dow Jones gained 0.80%. Russell 2000 jumped 1.57%
– Stocks in Asia traded mostly higher today. Nikkei gained 1.0%, S&P/ASX 200 moved 0.4% higher and Kospi gained 0.1%. Indices from China traded mixed
– DAX futures point to a slightly higher opening of the European cash session
– Ukraine said that no deal has been reached with Russia and Turkey to unblock Black Sea ports yet
– Marko Kolanovic, global markets strategist at JP Morgan, expects S&P 500 to finish the year near 4,800 pts even if oil prices continue to rise
– Reuters reports that discussions between Elon Musk and private equity firms to secure additional financing for Twitter deal has been put on hold amid uncertainty whether the acquisition will go through
– API report showed a 1.84 million barrel build in US oil inventories (exp. -1.80 mb)
– Cryptocurrencies managed to recover a bulk of yesterday’s losses by the end of the day. However, renewed wave of selling occurred during the Asian session today. Bitcoin drops over 2% but manages to hold above $30,000 mark
– Oil is trading slightly higher. Brent (OIL) trades a touch below $121 per barrel while WTI (OIL.WTI) hovers in the $120 per barrel area
– Precious metals pull back. Palladium is an exception as it gains 0.8% and near $2,000 per ounce
– USD and CAD are the best performing major currencies while NZD and JPY lag the most
Bitcoin almost completely erased yesterday’s losses by the end of the day. However, selling resumed today during the Asian session. Coin is trading over 2% lower but manages to hold above $30,000.
For more informations and news join our official social networks! Please click on the icons below to subscribe.