– Moods on Wall Street improved yesterday with S&P 500 gaining 1.05%, Dow Jones adding 0.92% and Nasdaq moving 1.25% higher. Russell 2000 gained 0.55%
– Stocks in Asia traded mostly lower today. Nikkei and Kospi dropped around 0.9% while S&P/ASX 200 moved almost 0.6% lower
– DAX futures point to a lower opening of the European cash session
– Joe Biden spoke with Xi Jinping on the phone today. Leaders of China and the United States agreed to de-escalate Taiwan tensions
– Reserve Bank of New Zealand delivered a 25 basis point rate hike today, in-line with expectations. RBNZ signalled that it plans to tighten policy further but decisions will depend on inflation and employment developments
– API report pointed to a 0.95 million barrel build in US oil inventories
– CEO of AMC Theaters, the largest US movie theaters chain, said that his company will start accepting payments in cryptocurrencies, including Dogecoin, for gift cards
– Bears dominate on the cryptocurrency market today. Bitcoin trades 0.5% lower on the day while altcoins drop over 2%. Dogecoin is an outperformer as it gains almost 3%
– Precious metals and industrial metals trade lower as the US dollar strengthens. Oil gains while agricultural good trade mixed
– GBP and USD are the best performing major currencies while NZD and AUD lag the most
RBNZ delivered a 25 bp rate hike today. As the move was expected, NZD failed to rally. While NZDUSD popped higher in a knee-jerk move (orange circle), gains were erased later on and the pair dropped below the 0.6935 support zone.
For more informations and news join our official social networks! Please click on the icons below to subscribe.