– Asian investors launched a new week in upbeat moods. Nikkei gained 1.5% and indices from China moved higher. S&P/ASX 200 dropped 0.3%
– US futures trade slightly below Friday’s closing prices
– DAX futures point to a flat opening of today’s European session
– Strong risk-on moods can be spotted on the FX markets with CHF and JPY weakening significantly against other majors
– US Trade Representative Tai spoke with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He over the weekend. Chinese representative proposed removing tariffs and sanction
– Chinese PResident Xi said over the weekend that peaceful reunification with Taiwan must and will be fulfilled
– China proposed a ban on private media companies as part of the ongoing crackdown
– BoE Governor Bailey said that he is concerned by rising inflation. BoE member Saunders said that it is appropriate for market to see earlier rate hikes
– Precious metals are trading mixed – silver and gold pull back slightly while platinum and palladium gain
– Cryptocurrencies are trading higher on Monday. Bitcoin climbed above $56,000 mark and trades at the highest level since early-May
GBPJPY rallies today, support by weakness of the Japanese yen. The pair managed to break above the mid-term resistance zone at 152.30 at the end of the previous week and strong upward move continues today. Pair broke above 61.8% retracement of recent correction today (153.10 area) and trades at the highest level since early-July 2021. downward trendline.
For more informations and news join our official social networks! Please click on the icons below to subscribe.