– Situation on the market is rather calm. Investors seem to look past Evergrande situation today and focus on the upcoming FOMC meeting (7:00 pm BST today)
– Stocks in Asia traded mixed. Nikkei dropped, S&P/ASX 200 and Kospi gained while indices from China traded mixed
– European futures point to a slightly higher opening of the European session
– Hengda Real Estate, main unit of Evergrande, said that it will make coupon payments scheduled for tomorrow
– IMF said that China has means to prevent Evergrande situation from becoming a systematic crisis
– US House of Representatives voted to suspend debt limit until the end of 2022
– According to Bloomberg, semiconductor shortage keeps getting worse. Wait times increased by 6 days in August, to 21 weeks.
– Bank of Japan left interest rates and yield targets unchanged, as expected. The Bank said that Japanese economy is recovering but remains in severe state
– People’s Bank of China left prime loan rates unchanged, as expected
– API report on oil inventories showed a 6.11 million barrel draw (exp. -2.5 mb)
– Bitcoin dropped yesterday and tested the $40,000 mark in the afternoon. However, coin has managed to recover towards $42,000 since
– Gains can be spotted all across the commodity markets with industrial metals rallying the most
– AUD and NZD are the best performing major currencies while JPY and CHF lag the most
Dow Jones (US30) has been struggling to maintain the recovery move. Index tested 38.2% retracement of the downward move launched at the beginning of September yesterday but failed to break above. An attempt to launch an upward impulse this morning was so far halted by the 23.6% retracement.
For more informations and news join our official social networks! Please click on the icons below to subscribe.